Growing the Local Food Economy
PRODUCERS, PROCESSORS, WHOLESALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS AND CHEFS
Updates from the Forum will be Coming Soon!
- The volunteer organizers of this regional forum work or study in a variety of areas related to food, agriculture, human health, food access and sustainability.
- This regional forum is our first major event of a planned long-term effort to develop a robust, self-sustaining local food economy to the benefit of economic livelihoods, human health, food security and environmental sustainability.
The committee for “Growing the Local Food Economy”:
- Mary Stockdale, UBCO
- Linda Boyd, Interior Health
- Leigha Horsfield, Community Futures of the North Okanagan
- Jane Lister, Okanagan College
- Linda Elmose, Okanagan College
- Eva-Lena Lang, UBCO, YOung Agrarians
- Andrea Gunner
- Emily Jubinville
- David Askew
- Victor Cumming
- Kat Donnison
- … and others.
For more information, contact: [email protected]