Helping you start your new life in the North Okanagan.
Community Futures North Okanagan will provide loans to eligible newcomers in the North Okanagan, to help them and their families adjust to a new life in the region.
Loans will be used to support settlement in the community, employment-related costs, housing or education.
The funds can be used for many things, but typically will be used for: a rental deposit, vehicle, tooling or clothing needed to start a job, clothing needed to attend school, items needed to equip the family with necessary clothing for a Canadian winter, basic furniture, food staples and cleaning supplies to set up new home.
Loans That Meet Your Needs
How We Help
Am I eligible for a Newcomers Loan?
The Newcomer Loan is available to Canadians and permanent residents who have secured employment in the North Okanagan and are in need of a loan to help get them established in the community. The loan is intended to meet the needs of people who would not be able to get a loan at a bank or credit union as they have not yet established their credit in British Columbia.
Application and approval process:
- Loans will range from $2,500 to $25,000 depending on need and circumstance.
- Applications are available on the CF website and appointments booked using our booking app.
- The Community Futures Business Analyst then sets up an appointment to meet with the Candidate to discuss their needs for resettlement in Canada.
- Loan proceeds are issued by direct deposit to the applicants bank account
- The applicant is required to provide a copy of the rental agreement, Bill of Sale or other evidence of loan fund expenditures within 30 days of release of the proceeds.
Ready to get help settling in to your new home?
About Community Futures
From our office in downtown Vernon, Community Futures North Okanagan offers employment, business and economic development services to help residents build their future and the community. We service Armstrong, Coldstream, Enderby, Grindrod, Lavington, Lumby, Mara, Okanagan Indian Band, Spallumcheen, Splatsin and Vernon.