Have you been thinking about starting a business? We can help.
Our self-employment services provide guidance and support through workshops and one-to-one counselling to eligible applicants who want to start a business or purchase an existing business in which they have no prior ownership. The program can also offer financial supports to eligible clients.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for these services, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a referral from the WorkBC Employment Services Centre
- Live in the North Okanagan and intend to operate your new business here
- Be eligible for Employment Insurance or have had a claim in the last three years
- Have a business idea and experience in the field
- Agree to work full time on your business
- Meet the contribution requirement (funds or in kind) that demonstrates you are investing in your business
- Have not started the business yet
Who Can Participate in Self-employment Workshops?
The monthly business planning workshops provided through Self-employment Services are open to the public at a cost of $130 +GST/workshop. View our calendar for dates and more information.
Questions? Contact our business team.