Are You Ready To StartUP?
StartUP Entrepreneurial Skills Training Program
Get Started On Your Next Steps
Taking Applications For Our February 5th Start Date!
- 20 week entrepreneurial mindset program for people living with multiple barriers.
- A chance to explore self-employment options. Business idea not needed.
- Training, coaching and support to start a small business or find employment that fits.
- Flexibility to make the program work for you!
Ready to start that small business you’ve been thinking of?
Through in-person meetings and group training sessions, participants will be a part of experienced-based learnings on the essential skills and core competencies (e.g. decision making, critical thinking, digital tech, financial management) that are necessary for both running a successful business and successfully entering the workforce.
Do you want:
- to start a small business but not sure where to start?
- support finding your place in today’s markets?
- to explore self-employment as a possibility?
- to find opportunities and take on new challenges?
- one-to-one coaching and support to take the next steps?
This program may be for you.
Tools & Resources To Reach Your Business or Employment Goals.
StartUP Entrepreneurial Skills Training Program is a free 20 week program that supports people living with multiple barriers to start small businesses or find meaningful employment that fits their needs. Participants don’t need a business idea to join StartUP but should be ready to explore self-employment as a possibility.
- 4 weeks of in-classroom training
- 4 weeks of in-community business coaching
- 12 weeks of follow-up and support
- Add experience to your resume
- Grow your network
- Each participant is eligible to receive:
- a laptop
- childcare supports
- commuting supports
- internet supports
- mental health supports
- cost of business registration and website hosting paid for
- Up to $1,500 in completion bonuses!
- Living in the North Okanagan
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Able to participate in a 20-hour-per-week program for the first 4 weeks
- Not attending school full-time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Individuals who self-identifies as a person living with multiple barriers
Are You Ready To Get Started?
The StartUP program is now accepting applications.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about the StartUp program.
About Community Futures
From our office in downtown Vernon, Community Futures North Okanagan offers employment, business and economic development services to help residents build their future and the community. We service Armstrong, Coldstream, Enderby, Grindrod, Lavington, Lumby, Mara, Okanagan Indian Band, Spallumcheen, Splatsin and Vernon.
Proudly Supported by:
Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)