What if you had the connections, capital and confidence to start a business?
Fresh Trax is a 16-week youth entrepreneurship program designed to help you launch a viable business you’re passionate about.
- Are you an outside-the-box thinker with great business ideas, but just don’t know where to begin?
- Are you a self-starter who works well independently to make things happen?
- Do you have a growth mindset, and you’re excited about the possibility of becoming an entrepreneur?
If the traditional path to a career isn’t for you or you’re feeling stuck, Fresh Trax could be the perfect place to explore your self-employment options and get your business going.
BUSINESS LAUNCHING PAD FOR NORTH OKANAGAN YOUTH AGE 15-29
With a mix of one-to-one support, a small virtual learning cohort and a suite of digital business planning tools, Fresh Trax is the self-employment training ground designed to meet you and your business where you’re at.
This program is available to entrepreneurial youth who are currently unemployed or precariously employed and are not enrolled in school full time.
So how does it work?
Get started by filling out the application form, meeting Margo and taking our entrepreneurial assessment.
If Fresh Trax is a fit for you and you’re ready, you’ll be ready for our next intake.
Get excited about your business idea and see it come to life as you learn about market research, marketing, financials and operations.
As you build a solid business plan, we’ll connect you with service providers and help you prepare for an investment pitch.
Now it’s go time! Take all that strategy and planning forward, and launch your business with confidence.
What’s in it for you?
If you’ve ever thought about starting a business, Fresh Trax brings you incredible supports to give your business its best shot, including:
- One-to-one coaching and/or a mentor for each phase of the program
- A range of self-paced and virtual group learning opportunities with your small cohort of just four participants
- Access to funding and connections for business development, such as accounting, legal and marketing services
- Access to digital interactive business planning tools through our partnership with Futurpreneur. These tools can open the door to other opportunities, such as lending, and adapt as your business evolves.
How else do we support you on your path to entrepreneurship?
In addition to helping you successfully launch your business, we make it easier for you to pursue entrepreneurship through additional supports, such as:
- living support;
- disability support (e.g. eyewear, hearing aids);
- childcare cost;
- computer, software and IT support for training;
- internet services;
- emergency funding (food or shelter).
Still have questions?
We’re here to help you determine if Fresh Trax is the right step for you.