Community Futures and the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program have developed a new initiative designed to support the Manufacturing Sector in the North Okanagan region.
The intent of this project is to provide business and mentorship support to local manufactures in order to increase efficiencies, stimulate innovation, improve profitability and enhance management skills.
The project will provide a forum where participants can freely discuss issues with like-minded individuals who understand the pressures and concerns of the industry.
The program helps:
- Participants to identify problems
- Identify and provide advice and/or resources to solve those problems
- Provide other operations against which to benchmark
- Provide an independent, expert, supportive resource to bounce off ideas and issues;
- See best practices and the latest technology at work in other operations; and
- Provide efficiencies and resources to help the company become more competitive, innovative, and grow both the top and bottom lines of the company
- Companies will come together once a month at the location of one of the members
- Participants will be the CEO or company representative who has overall responsibility of the operation
- There is room for 12 non-competing companies who will participate at no cost for the first year
- Each meeting will involve a tour of the facility, breakfast and usually an expert/guest speaker on a relevant business topics
- Applications will be processed on a first come – first served basis
Click this link for the Manufacturing Mentorship Group Application Form