Wage Subsidy Work Experience Placements
The Wage Subsidy gives employers financial support to help with some of the costs of on-the-job training and skill development for new employees.
Is My Business Eligible?
To be eligible for a wage subsidy, an employer must:
- Be a registered business and provide the business legal name and business number
- Be in business for at least a year
- Have a position to fill that is part of their ongoing business operations
- Confirm that no workers will be laid off as a result of wage subsidy placement
- Apply and be accepted for the program PRE-hire.
- Offer a full-time position of a minimum 35 hours per week
- Offer the likelihood of long-term, non-seasonal employment
- Pay reasonable, competitive wages that are reflective of the prevailing wage rate for the position
How Do I Apply for a Wage Subsidy?
Who is Eligible for a Wage Subsidy?
To be eligible for a wage subsidy work experience placement, a potential employee must:
- Be an unemployed and underemployed Canadian citizens (working less than 20 hours/week)
- Be eligible for Employment Insurance or have had a claim in the last five years
- Lack work experience in a field or industry
- Have recently obtained skills training but no experience
- Be a new immigrant who lacks needed Canadian work experience
- Be seeking an apprenticeship and lack work experience in the trade
If you have questions or you’d like help applying for a wage subsidy, please contact our business team.