Community Futures-North Okanagan Management, Staff and Board work to ensure that customer requirements are consistently met with the goal of enhancing customer satisfaction. We will conduct ourselves with integrity and be responsive and responsible to our communities and our Network through adhering to our Core-Values and high professional Service Standards.
In the event that a client is refused a service based on discretionary decision-making by Community Futures-North Okanagan or its Service Delivery Partners for reasons other than program policy, legislation, client eligibility or budget availability, and the client believes that the refusal was not justified, Community Futures will offer the client an opportunity to have a decision reviewed.
The intent of this process is to ensure that decisions that clients view as unjustified receive review by neutral reviewer(s) who have sufficient knowledge and expertise to provide a fair, objective and informed opinion.
- The Client will be asked to provide a written rationale as to why the decision is felt to be unjust. If requested the client will be referred to support services in the community for assistance in developing/providing documentation for consideration by the reviewer(s).
- The decision will be reviewed at the earliest opportunity by the decision-maker’s immediate supervisor. If the issue is not resolved to the client’s satisfaction at this step, the issue will proceed to the next step.
- The decision will be reviewed at the earliest opportunity by the Community Futures Program Manager. If the decision is not resolved to the client’s satisfaction at this step, the decision will proceed to the next step.
- The decision will be reviewed at the earliest opportunity by a panel made up of neutral third party reviewers of similar program Contractors in the region, excluding the catchment where the decision originated. The resulting decision from this panel will be final.
- At each progressive step the client will be informed of the result.
- No step will take longer than five working days to complete.
- All decisions and processes at each step will be documented in writing. The results of the review(s) will be shared with the client and the results must be made available to applicable funders upon request.
- Community Futures or its Service Delivery Partners are responsible for ensuring decisions follow the principles of administrative fairness.
- Community Futures or its Service Delivery Partners will maintain a record for approximately one of all complaints, concerns and decision review requests, including: date, nature of issue, outcome and date of resolution.
If you have questions about the Decision Review Policy and Process please contact:
250 545 2215 ext 219